If you suspect that someone is having a heart attack dial 999 immediately
Heart attack symptoms can include some, not necessarily all, of the following:
• Chest pain: persistent, vice-like central pain, often spreading to the jaw and down one or both arms.
• Breathlessness, and discomfort occurring high in the abdomen (may feel similar to severe indigestion)
• Collapse, often without any warning
• Feeling light headed, faint or dizzy
• An overwhelming sense of anxiety (similar to having a panic attack)
• Being sick
If you suspect someone is having a heart attack, make them as comfortable as possible and dial 999 immediately.
To learn more about first aid for your family book an Irish Red Cross course near you today 1890 502 502 or email@example.com