When you become a Red Cross volunteer you become part of the world’s largest humanitarian network. You develop talents that serve your family, your community and yourself.
Volunteers are at the heart of everything the Red Cross movement does. That’s why our membership fees are so low and anyone aged four upwards can join.
As an Irish Red Cross volunteer, you can:
• get first aid training up to Emergency Medical Technician
• get training for mountain and lake rescue
• get child protection training
• get training in programmes such as therapeutic hand care, skin camouflage treatment, family reunification, and more
• take part in youth activities, social events, competitions, and more
• get opportunities to travel abroad (please note the Irish Red Cross does not send volunteers on humanitarian missions abroad
These benefits give you the skills and knowledge to respond in a crisis. They help you save lives, ease suffering, help the vulnerable and support events your communities.
Become a Volunteer today
Complete and return the membership form below indicating the type of volunteer opportunity you are interested in. To find out about activities are happening in your area contact your local branch here.
Membership is available on a yearly basis:
• New Member Application €30.00 (one-off payment)
• Annual Renewal Membership Fee (18 yrs +) €10.00
• Youth Membership (4-17yrs) €5.00
As a new member you will complete a Membership Induction course and Child Protection Awareness training, through your local branch. After induction course you receive an Irish Red Cross welcome pack.
All volunteers are required to complete the Garda Vetting process, Garda vetting queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note on volunteering overseas
All our volunteer roles are in Ireland. We sometimes send professionally qualified people abroad as delegates. These positions are advertised here.